What We Believe
"To take root downward and bear fruit upward" II Kings 19:30
To take root downward: To be well-grounded in faith by the study of Scriptures, personal prayer, the worship of God, and the fellowship of believers.
To bear fruit upward: To grow deeper daily in faith with joy while loving God and our neighbors as ourselves.
* We believe in the Godhead, the three in one: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
* We believe that God is love.
* We believe that Jesus suffered and died for our sins as the sacrificial atonement for the sins of mankind. He rose again and now is seated on the right hand of the Father, interceding for the believer.
* We believe that salvation is by God's grace through faith in Jesus Christ, the resurrected Son of God.
* We believe that Jesus is returning for his own and will judge the living and the dead.
* We believe that the Holy Bible is the divinely inspired, inerrant Word of God.
Pastor Teresa E. Nelson
Rev. Teresa E. Nelson has been serving the Tibbetts Brook Chapel as a
pastor since 2008. She hold her credentials through the International
Ministerial Fellowship. With a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Speech
Communication and Theatre Arts, Teresa attempts to bring the Gospel to
the congregation with creativity and joy.
Teresa came to know Jesus Christ as her Savior at age ten and was baptized
at age 16. Married to Stephen Nelson since 1975, they are now delighting in the
time they spend with their four married children and their spouses, along with their
nine amazing grandchildren.
During her career, Teresa worked as a case manager, high school teacher,
non-profit leader, grant-writer, and minister at the Mille Lacs County Jail.
She is the author of two books, "Tender Mercies for Tough Moments", and
"Whisper County", a novel.
For people to know and experience God's unconditional love and grace is her
greatest desire, and her life verse is Romans 8:38-39, "...nothing will
separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus."